Amy D. Boggs, Esq.
Amy D. Boggs, Esq.
Florida Property Insurance Attorney
Amy Boggs, CEO and founder of the Law Office of Amy Boggs, has been running the firm since 2010. She believes that every client matters and saw that large firms were losing sight of this important value. Amy was inspired to make a boutique firm where a human voice answers every time you call. Cases are not handled in a production line manner, but instead with personal care and attention. Amy is proud to proclaim the Law Office of Amy Boggs is not a cookie cutter firm and focuses on excellence of representation and client service. The entire staff stays up to date with changes in legislation and the property insurance claim industry. Amy believes in the justice system and its ability to help those who deserve it. She is inspired to be a David to the Goliath of the insurance industry.
Amy decided to pursue law school when she observed that people need legal help with all sorts of life issues. Beyond liking the idea of advocating, she was determined to level the playing field between the individual and large impersonal institutions. She graduated from Stetson College of Law with honors and as Salutatorian. She was also a member of the Stetson Law Review and received the top course grade award in 9 courses. Amy began her law career in the year 2000 practicing in the areas of insurance defense and general litigation. After witnessing the tactics used by big insurance, she turned to insurance litigation and joined plaintiffs firm Merlin Law Group in Tampa, Florida where she built her practice and became a Senior Associate. Amy continued to specialize in first party property insurance claims and was selected as a Super Lawyers® “Rising Star” in 2009 and 2010.
Amy is exceptionally passionate about her family and her work, considering those her callings in life. She is a proud wife and mother who enjoys being part of a large family. When not at a speaking engagement or advocating for a cause, she can be found walking on the beach or playing with her 2 dogs. She is indebted to all the pioneering women who set examples and forged a path of their own. Amy benefitted from great mentors in her life, and seeks do the same for others whose talent only needs a little encouragement to realize their full potential.
- CEO, founder, The Law Office of Amy Boggs, PA 2010.
- Licensed to practice in the State of Florida since 2000.
- Specializing in first party property insurance claims.
- Selected Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in 2009 and 2010.
Merlin Law Group, Tampa, Florida
August 2005 – May 2010
Senior Associate attorney representing policyholders in property insurance claims and agent negligence claims.
Carlton Fields, PA., Saint Petersburg, Florida
August 2000 – August 2005
Associate attorney practicing in the area of insurance defense and general Litigation
Stetson College of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2000
Summa Cum Laude Honors:
- Law Review 1998-2000
- Public Fellowship Grant Recipient 1998-2000
- Top Course Grade Awarded in 7 Courses
- Best Oralist 1998
University of South Florida May 1997, BA Economics
- Dean’s List Fall 1995, Spring 1996, Fall 1996
- Florida State Court
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- Florida Bar Association
- St. Petersburg Bar Association – Current Civil Trial Vice Chair
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- “Effective Management of Complex Catastrophe Claims,” Windstorm Insurance Conference 2017
- “Claims for Lost Income: Unique Challenges Posed by Catastrophic Storms,” Windstorm Insurance Conference 2016
- “Speed Adjusting: A Fast and Furious Look at the Concerns and Considerations of Insurance Claims and How They Can Affect Public Adjusting,” FAPIA Summer Conference 2009
The Law Office of Amy Boggs, P.A.
4554 Central Avenue, Suite L
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
t: (727) 954-8833
f: (727) 954-8836
The information you obtain from this communication is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. Call our office to consult with an insurance attorney for individual advice regarding your specific insurance claim situation. Any accounts of recent trials, verdicts and settlements are intended to illustrate the experience of the law firm. Prospective clients may not obtain the same or similar results as each case is unique.